Applications are now open! Deadline Wednesday, October 23rd, 5:00 pm.
Are you an emerging Cape Breton artist or band that is serious about your career in music and ready to take the next steps in preparing for showcasing recent, or upcoming music releases at a future NS Music Week?
If so, CBMIC would like to offer this unique opportunity to our emerging artists through our 2019 Music Week Project “Level Up”, “Operation Professional Development”, “Next Stop…Career”
About the Conference:
Nova Scotia Music Week (NSMW) 2019 will host delegates from around the world in Truro, Nova Scotia, November 7th-10th, while showcasing and highlighting over 100 Nova Scotian musical acts from a variety of genres.
Delegates and artists will host panels, round tables, and discussions about the current state of the industry, training, business development, physiology, and international export.
In addition to expanding their knowledge, delegates, artists, and industry professionals attending NSMW will have the chance to expand their networks. The conference will include peer-to-peer support, one-on-one meetings, mentorships, and various networking opportunities.
- Must be 19+
- Registered member of CBMIC (cbmic.ca)
- Free to travel and commit to all Project Activities from Departure Thursday Nov 7th 9:am to return Sunday, November 10th approximately 5pm.
- Cape Breton based Artist or group.
- Currently performing original Material as part of your live performances.
- Currently have recently recorded music product, in the process of recording new product or have plans in place to record new product within the next 6 months.
- Has not attended a NS Music Week in the last year as a delegate.
- Is not already registered or involved in this years NS Music Week Conference.
- Agrees to take in conference content and attend showcases as part of artist development.
- Must be willing to attend the Basic Training Sessions presented by Music NS. These sessions are now mandatory when applying for different levels of Music NS funding and Export Growth opportunities. (5 of 10 sessions available must be attended)
- Must be willing to participate in evening live performances based on a presented schedule as part of artist contribution to program.
- Agree to be part of a and participate in a CBMIC Documentary of the project that will be filmed during the activities of the Project.
- Transportation to and from Sydney and Truro (All artists will travel together as a group with CBMIC)
- Accommodations from Thursday Nov 7th to Sunday Nov 10th (Shared rooms best efforts will be made to accommodate based on availability)
- Music NS Passes will be provided for workshops, sessions and showcases as required
- Technical requirements for performances will be provided including basic backline.
(Artists responsible for their own instruments, cables, or other components of their personal required set up)
What’s Not Included:
- Meals or Per Diem (artists must be able to cover their own meals and drinks as required)
- Performance Fees for evening performances (performances are part of artist contribution to the project)
- Any other personal expenses incurred while under the parameters of the project.
- Applications will be reviewed on a first come, first serve basis.
- Eligibility (as stated above) will be assessed.
- The numbers of people included in each application are considered regarding space availability.
- Following the above steps above, applications will be reviewed by the selection committee.
- Submission acceptance will be made based on all variables and elements that CBMIC feels will provide the most overall artist’s development impact.
*To apply please follow the link below to submit an application.