ANNOUNCEMENT (*Note: The Nomination form mentioned below can be also be accessed on the main menu of this website.)
The Cape Breton Music Industry Cooperative (CBMIC) Announces our 2019 Annual General Meeting and Call for Nominations
CBMIC’s Annual General Meeting will take place on Tuesday, July 16th, 2019 at New Dawn Centre for Social Innovation. 37 Nepean Street Sydney, NS. The Meeting will begin at 7pm – 8pm located in the second floor Boardroom. CBMIC members are invited and encouraged to attend.
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
CBMIC is holding its annual election for its board of directors. There are (5) incumbents re-offering and (7) positions available for reoffer or new offer to fill.
CBMIC members are encouraged to nominate anyone who they believe would be a good candidate for the CBMIC board of directors. We also invite anyone who is interested in putting their name forward for nomination to contact CBMIC Operations Manager, Duane Nardocchio or simply fill out the Nomination Submission Form at http://cbmic.ca/660-2/
Nominations open Monday, July 8th, 2019 and close on Thursday, July 11th, 2019 at 5:00 PM.
In each case, contact will be made with each nominee to ensure that we have the permission of the nominee to let his/her name stand.
*Once informed the nominee must fill out the online Nomination Form by Friday, July 12th 5pm.
For non sitting member to be eligible for consideration, a candidate must meet the following qualifications:
- Be a CBMIC member (you may become a member by filling out the web form (and then be nominated) Web form can be found at http://cbmic.ca/660-2/
- Have sufficient time to devote to doing the board’s work
- Believe in the mission, vision, and work of the Cooperative
- Comprehend and accept the fiduciary duties and responsibilities associated with the actions of the Cooperative
- Understand the job of a board member
- Possess the skills needed by the Cooperative
*CBMIC board of Director positions are two (2) year terms.
Voting will be open from July 13th to July 15th
The nominee list for voting will be posted online on the CBMIC webpage on July 13th. There, all CBMIC board and artist members will be able to place their vote for their nominee of choice. The results of the online election will be reviewed at the AGM on Tuesday, July 16th, 2019 at New Dawn Centre for Social Innovation 37 Nepean Street Sydney, NS. The Meeting will begin at 7PM – 8PM.
The AGM will be Streamed on Facebook live for those unable to attend.
AGM Date: Tuesday, July 16th 2019
Time: 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Location: Second Floor Boardroom, 37 Nepean St. Sydney, NS
AGM Agenda Considerations:
- Minutes of preceding general meeting;
- Consideration of the annual report of the Directors;
- Consideration of the financial statements, including balance sheet and operating statement
- Election of Directors for the ensuing year;
- Appointment of Executive
NOTE: The newly elected board members and their positions will be announced on Thursday, July 18th and will be posted on the CBMIC web page www.cbmic.ca
Call to Reoffer: July 8th 2019
Reoffer Closes: July 11th 2019
Call for Nominations: July 8th 2019
Nominations Close: July 11th 2019 – 5pm
Candidates Notified: July 11thth, 2019
Deadline for Webform/Candidates Right to Withdraw: July 12th 2019
Voting Opens July 13th 2019
Voting Closes July 15th 2019 – 5pm
AGM Meeting July 16th 2019 7pm
New Board of Directors announced July 17th 2019