2020 AGM ANNOUNCEMENT
Posted on: June 26, 2020
The Cape Breton Music Industry Cooperative (CBMIC) Announces our 2020 Annual General Meeting and Call for Nominations
CBMIC’s Annual General Meeting will take place on Tuesday, July 14th, 2020, at The Convent 170 George St. Sydney, NS. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, only current Board Executive and Directors will be present during the meeting. The meeting will begin at 7 pm. on our CBMIC Facebook page and will be available for everyone to watch.
Q&A will take place during the meeting, and all comments will be monitored to ensure involvement with those attending. [Note: You do not have to be a member to attend online – Only members can be nominated or vote]
This is a great time for anyone, fans of music, musicians and industry professionals to get involved with the local music industry and become a member of CBMIC. Join us in helping to strengthen our local Music Industry. You Are CBMIC! Join us now and take advantage of our reduced membership fees during COVID-19. All levels of membership are currently reduced. Sign up now at https://cbmic.ca/
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
CBMIC is holding its annual election for its board of directors. There are (6) incumbents, (3) members re-offering and (3) positions open to fill.
CBMIC members are encouraged to nominate anyone who they believe would be a valuable candidate for the CBMIC board of directors. We also invite anyone who is interested and thinks they can contribute positively to our organization to put their name forward for nomination. CBMIC strives for Board diversity and island-wide inclusion. Any nomination submissions can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please include nominee contact information.
will open Friday, June 26thh, 2020 and close on Friday, July 10th,
2019 5:00 pm.
In each case, contact will be made with each nominee to ensure that we have the permission of the nominee to let their name stand.
For non-sitting member to be eligible for consideration, a candidate must meet the following qualifications:
- Be a CBMIC member (you may become a member by signing up here https://cbmic.ca/
- Have sufficient time to devote to doing the board’s work
- Believe in the mission, vision, and work of the Cooperative
- Comprehend and accept the fiduciary duties and responsibilities associated with the actions of the Cooperative
- Understand the job of a board member. See the information below.
- Possess the skills needed by the Cooperative. Qualifications include but are not limited to team building, communication and social, governing, leadership, planning and recruitment.
*CBMIC Board of Director position is two (2) year
Board Member Role Description
Individually, each board member must:
- Act in the best interests of the organization
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of being a board member
- Be familiar with the organization’s bylaws, policies and procedures, strategic plan, mission, etc.
- Ensure he/she avoids conflicts of interest including operating in the best interest of the organization, not in self-interest or the interest of a stakeholder group
- Respect confidentiality policies that pertain to membership and board discussions
- Keep informed about the organization’s financial activity and legal obligations
- Bring their own skills, experience and knowledge to the organization
- Attend board meetings regularly and arrive prepared for meetings
- Support board decisions once they have been voted on
Ideally, when joining a board (or perhaps before deciding to join), one should learn the:
- Governing structure the organization operates under
- Roles, responsibilities, and functions of the board within the governing structure
- Job description for board members
- Measurement and standard by which board members are evaluated
While the level and detail may vary from board to board, overall, effective board members are continuously:
CBMIC Board Governance Manual is available by request. Contact email@example.com
Voting will be open online at https://cbmic.ca/ on Monday, July 13-Tuesday July 14th, 4:00 pm.
The nominee list for voting will be posted online on the CBMIC webpage on Monday, July 13th. All CBMIC board and artist members will be able to place their vote for their nominee of choice on the CBMIC website up until 4:00 pm, July 14th. The results of the online election will be reviewed and announced at the AGM on Tuesday, July 14th, 2020. The meeting will begin at 7:00 pm
Due to gathering restrictions, the AGM will be streamed on CBMIC Facebook live for those unable to attend.
AGM Date: Tuesday, July 14th, 2020
Time: 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Location: The Convent 170 George St. Sydney.
AGM Agenda Considerations:
- Minutes of preceding general meeting;
- Consideration of the annual report of the Directors;
- Consideration of the financial statements, including balance sheet and operating statement
- Election of Directors for the ensuing year;
- Appointment of Executive
NOTE: Once the newly elected board members are confirmed, the official 2020 Board and their positions will be announced on Thursday, July 16th and will be posted on the CBMIC web page www.cbmic.ca and CBMIC Facebook page.
Call for Nominations: June 26th, 2020
Nominations Close: July 10th, 2020 – 5pm
Candidates Notified: July 11thth, 2020
Deadline for Candidates Right to Withdraw: July 11th, 2020
Voting Opens July 13th, 2020
Voting Closes July 14th, 2020 – 4pm
AGM Meeting July 14th, 2020 7pm
New Board of Directors announced July 16th, 2020
For more information: