Call for Nominations: CBMIC 2022 Board of Directors
Posted on: June 8, 2022
The call for Nominations for the 2022 Cape Breton Music Industry Cooperative is now open!
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
CBMIC is holding its annual election for its board of directors. There are (6) incumbents and (6) members re-offering, resulting in (6) positions open to fill.
CBMIC members are encouraged to nominate anyone who they believe would be a valuable candidate for the CBMIC board of directors. We also invite anyone who is interested and thinks they can contribute positively to our organization to put their name forward for nomination.
CBMIC strives for Board diversity and island-wide inclusion. Any nomination submissions can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please include nominees first and last name and contact information
Nominations are open as of Thursday, June 9th, 2022 and will close on Monday, June 20th, 2022 at 5:00 pm ATL.
In each case, contact will be made with each nominee to ensure that we have the permission of the nominee to let their name stand.
For non-sitting member to be eligible for consideration, a candidate must meet the following qualifications:
- Be a CBMIC member (you may become a member by signing up here https://cbmic.ca/
- Have sufficient time to devote to doing the board’s work
- Believe in the mission, vision, and work of the Cooperative
- Comprehend and accept the fiduciary duties and responsibilities associated with the actions of the Cooperative
- Understand the job of a board member. See the information below.
- Possess the skills needed by the Cooperative. Qualifications include but are not limited to team building, communication and social, governing, leadership, planning and recruitment.
- *CBMIC Board of Director position is a two (2) year term.
Board Member Role Description
Individually, each board member must:
- Act in the best interests of the organization
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of being a board member
- Be familiar with the organization’s bylaws, policies and procedures, strategic plan, mission, etc.
- Ensure he/she avoids conflicts of interest including operating in the best interest of the organization, not in self-interest or the interest of a stakeholder group
- Respect confidentiality policies that pertain to membership and board discussions
- Keep informed about the organization’s financial activity and legal obligations
- Bring their own skills, experience and knowledge to the organization
- Attend board meetings regularly and arrive prepared for meetings
- Support board decisions once they have been voted on
Ideally, when joining a board (or perhaps before deciding to join), one should learn the:
- Governing structure the organization operates under
- Roles, responsibilities, and functions of the board within the governing structure
- Job description for board members
- Measurement and standard by which board members are evaluated
While the level and detail may vary from board to board, overall, effective board members are continuously:
CBMIC Board Governance Manual is available by request. Contact email@example.com
Voting will be open online at https://cbmic.ca on Thursday, June 23rd, 2022
The nominee list for voting will be posted online on the CBMIC webpage on Thursday, June 23rd 2022. All CBMIC board and cooperative members will be able to place their vote for their nominee of choice on the CBMIC website up until Monday, July 4th at 5:00 pm AT. The results of the online election will be reviewed and announced at the AGM on Tuesday, July 12th, 2022
AGM Agenda Considerations:
- Minutes of preceding general meeting
- Consideration of the annual report of the Directors
- Consideration of the financial statements, including balance sheet and operating statement
- Election of Directors for the ensuing year
- Appointment of Executive
NOTE: Once the newly elected board members are confirmed, the official 2022 Board and their positions will be announced and will be posted on the CBMIC web page www.cbmic.ca and CBMIC Facebook page.
- Call for Nominations: Thursday, June 9th, 2022
- Nominations Close: Monday, June 20th, 2022 at 5:00 pm AT
- Candidates Notified: Tuesday, June 21st, 2022
- Deadline for Candidates Right to Withdraw: Wednesday, June 222nd, 2022
- Voting Opens: Thursday, June 23rd, 2022
- Voting Closes: Monday, July 4th, 2022 at 5:00 pm AT
- AGM Meeting: Tuesday. July 12th, 2022 6:00 pm AT
- New Board of Directors announced: Tuesday. July 12th, 2022
For more information contact:
Elyse Gregor, Admin Asst.