2021 AGM Announcement & Call for Nominations for CBMIC Board of Directors
Posted on: June 17, 2021
The call for Nominations for the 2022 Cape Breton Music Industry Cooperative is now open!
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
CBMIC is holding its annual election for its board of directors. There are (6) incumbents, (4) members re-offering, resulting in (6) positions in total open to fill.
CBMIC members are encouraged to nominate anyone who they believe would be a valuable candidate for the CBMIC board of directors. We also invite anyone who is interested and thinks they can contribute positively to our organization to put their name forward for nomination. CBMIC strives for Board diversity and island-wide inclusion. Any nomination submissions can be e-mailed to email@example.com
*Please include nominees first and last name and contact information
Nominations are open as of Thursday, June 17th, 2021 and will close on Thursday, June 24th, 2021 at 5:00 pm ATL.
In each case, contact will be made with each nominee to ensure that we have the permission of the nominee to let their name stand.
For non-sitting member to be eligible for consideration, a candidate must meet the following qualifications:
- Be a CBMIC member (you may become a member by signing up here https://cbmic.ca/
- Have sufficient time to devote to doing the board’s work
- Believe in the mission, vision, and work of the Cooperative
- Comprehend and accept the fiduciary duties and responsibilities associated with the actions of the Cooperative
- Understand the job of a board member. See the information below.
- Possess the skills needed by the Cooperative. Qualifications include but are not limited to team building, communication and social, governing, leadership, planning and recruitment.
*CBMIC Board of Director position is two (2) year term.
Board Member Role Description
Individually, each board member must:
- Act in the best interests of the organization
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of being a board member
- Be familiar with the organization’s bylaws, policies and procedures, strategic plan, mission, etc.
- Ensure he/she avoids conflicts of interest including operating in the best interest of the organization, not in self-interest or the interest of a stakeholder group
- Respect confidentiality policies that pertain to membership and board discussions
- Keep informed about the organization’s financial activity and legal obligations
- Bring their own skills, experience and knowledge to the organization
- Attend board meetings regularly and arrive prepared for meetings
- Support board decisions once they have been voted on
Ideally, when joining a board (or perhaps before deciding to join), one should learn the:
- Governing structure the organization operates under
- Roles, responsibilities, and functions of the board within the governing structure
- Job description for board members
- Measurement and standard by which board members are evaluated
While the level and detail may vary from board to board, overall, effective board members are continuously:
CBMIC Board Governance Manual is available by request. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Voting will be open online at https://cbmic.ca/ on Tuesday, June 29th, 2021
The nominee list for voting will be posted online on the CBMIC webpage on Tuesday, 29th 2021. All CBMIC board and artist members will be able to place their vote for their nominee of choice on the CBMIC website up until Tuesday, July 6th at 5:00 pm AT. The results of the online election will be reviewed and announced at the AGM on Tuesday, July 6th at 6:00 pm AT.
Due to gathering restrictions, the AGM will be hosted via Zoom. Details will be provided closer to the date.
AGM Agenda Considerations:
- Minutes of preceding general meeting;
- Consideration of the annual report of the Directors;
- Consideration of the financial statements, including balance sheet and operating statement
- Election of Directors for the ensuing year;
- Appointment of Executive
NOTE: Once the newly elected board members are confirmed, the official 2021 Board and their positions will be announced and will be posted on the CBMIC web page www.cbmic.ca and CBMIC Facebook page.
Call for Nominations: Thursday, June 17th, 2021
Nominations Close: Thursday, June 24th, 2021 at 5:00 pm AT
Candidates Notified: Friday, June 25th, 2021
Deadline for Candidates Right to Withdraw: Monday, June 28th, 2021
Voting Opens: Tuesday, June 29th, 2021
Voting Closes: Tuesday, July 6th, 2021 at 5:00 pm
AGM Meeting: Tuesday, July 6th, 2021 6:00 pm
New Board of Directors announced: July 7th, 2021
For more information:
Elyse Gregor, Admin Asst.